Admission/Selection Process for Candidates for PGP at IIMA through CAT-2021
The selection of the candidates for admission to the 2022-24 batch of the PGP at IIMA is a two-step process.
In the first step, candidates are short-listed for Analytical Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview (PI) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2020 score, who have applied to the program and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the program described as below.
1. Preliminary Screening
In CAT-2021 there will be three sections, viz., ‘Quantitative Aptitude' (QA), ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning' (DILR) and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension' (VRC). Only the candidates above the following minimum cut-offs in the sectional percentile ranks, the overall percentile rank and obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT-2021 will be considered for all the subsequent stages.
IIM-A Admission Procedure
For PGP Program
- There are 2 stages that a candidate goes through before getting selected for IIM-Ahmedabad PGP Program.
- The first stage is appearing for the CAT (or GMAT) Exam conducted by the IIMs.
- On clearing the required cut-offs and the Composite Score (CS), which includes, but is not limited to, 10th, 12th and graduation marks, a candidate is called for Academic Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview (PI). From 2015 onwards, WAT has been replaced by Academic Writing Test (AWT).
- Final Selection is done on the basis of FCS (Final Composite Score), which takes into account PI, AWT, and CS calculated at the previous stage.
For PGP-FABM Program
- There are 2 stages that a candidate goes through before getting selected for IIM-Ahmedabad PGP-ABM Program.
- The candidate must appear for CAT or GMAT exam.
- On clearing the required cut-offs, the candidate is shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
For PGPX Program
- There are 2 stages that a candidate goes through before getting selected for IIM-Ahmedabad PGPX program.
- The candidate must appear for the GMAT exam.
- The score of the GMAT exam, along with the rest of the application is screened and shortlisting is done based on the application alone
- The shortlisted candidates must submit the essays and appear for interviews.
- The final merit list is prepared after the interviews.
For EPGP Program
- The candidate has to appear for either the CAT exam or the GMAT exam
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of score obtained in CAT/GMAT will be invited for personal Interview
For Ph.D. program in Management
- Firstly, participant needs to take CAT (Common Admission Test) or another standardized test mentioned above in lieu of CAT. For Foreign Nationals and Indians living outside of India, it is mandatory to appear for GMAT for the purpose of pursuing this doctoral program. Scores of CAT 2018, 2019 AND 2020 will be considered valid for Ph. D. Program 2021.
- Another thing that candidate’s will be evaluated on is their academic background and professional work experience. Based on that either online or in-person interviews will be conducted. They will most likely be conducted between March – April 2021.
For FDP Program
- Candidates should fill an online registration form through “apply online” tab.
- IIM A will review your application within three working days of submitting the form and will get back to you in case you are shortlisted. Then after, IIM A will hold a telephonic Interview round with you.
- In case you are selected, you need to remit the admission fee within the first 2 days of receiving the admission letter to confirm your enrolment.
- Admissions will continue on first-come-first-serve basis (based on the above steps) until 7th May 2021 or the maximum intake that IIM A decides.
For e-PGD in Advance Business Analytics
- Initially, Candidate needs to take up one of CAT/GMAT/GATE/GRE exam. In case a candidate doesn’t have a valid score of any of the above exams, they can apply through EPGD-ABA qualifying cum aptitude test, conducted in a device-to-device mode.
- Submit an application form online. During application, you will require 2 LORs (letter of recommendation). At least one of them should be from previous employer who can comment on the nature of your work. Along with that, you need to have latest resume/CV briefing about the projects you took up and are currently looking after in your organization, self-attested graduation and academic marksheets.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called in for personal interview. The interviews will be conducted either over skype or google meet in the months of January or February.
- In case you clear the online personal interview, you will be intimated through e-mail or surface mail by last week of February 2021.
Eligibility for PGP
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Differently Abled (DA) or Persons with Disabilities (PWD) category, this is relaxed to 45%)
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Such a candidate must produce a certificate from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year/is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PWD category) based on latest available grades/marks.
Eligibility for PGP-FABM
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in agricultural sciences or agriculture-related disciplines, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) category, this is relaxed to 45%], of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
The candidate must hold at least a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in any non-agricultural discipline from a University or Institution as defined in the above paragraph and have a strong interest in agriculture, food, rural and allied sectors. Such candidates will be required to submit a special form as described in section 2.1 under admission procedure. Failure to submit the form will disqualify the candidate from being considered further for admission to the programme. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidates must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Eligibility for FPM
The candidate must hold, subject to the condition laid down below:
1. A Master's Degree in any discipline or a Post Graduate Diploma, with at least 55 percent marks, with the Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification with atleast 50 percent marks obtained after a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent (OR)
2. Five/four-year Integrated Master’s Degree program in any discipline, with at least 55 percent marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. (OR)
3. A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with B.com/Degree with at least 55 percent marks.
4. A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor's degree with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade point average (6.5 GPA)
Eligibility for PGPX
Following are the basic criteria for the PGPX Application:
A) A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in any discipline. (Minimum 15 years of study as per the education system in India i.e. KG to 12 +2 + 3 or 4 as the case may be.)
B)Minimum Age of 25 years as on 31st March 3021. There is no upper age limit.
C) A valid GMAT/GRE score (GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years from the date to the application deadline date of the round in which the candidate is applying.
D) Minimum 4 years of full-time work experience after completion of graduation as on March 31, 2021
Eligibility for EPGP
- Working Professionals and entrepreneurs with a minimum of 3 years, full time work experience after graduation (As on December 31, 2017)
- Age 24 years and above as on March 31, 2020 (Born on or before March 31,1996).
- Holding at least a Bachelor's Degree/CA/ICWA, with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA, awarded by any of the recognized universities.
Eligibility for EPGD in Advance Business Analytics
- Candidate should have completed their graduation and should possess great quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Candidate should have at least 2 years if full-time work experience (Preferably in the domain of Business Analytics. In case a candidate has stellar academic qualifications, the experience criterion will be waived off.
- Candidates should have appeared and possess a valid GMAT/GRE/CAT/GATE or the ePGD-ABA qualifying-cum-aptitude test.
Eligibility for Faculty Development Program (FDP)
- Candidates should possess at least 2 years of post-graduate level teaching experience in management or research.
- Candidates less than 45 years in age will be preferred.
- Candidates are expected to be fluent in English.
- Candidate should possess an SOP (Statement of Purpose)